Customer Terms and Conditions
Taste of Place, L.L.C. (“Taste of Place”) is a tour operator registered in the State of Maryland which sells culinary tours and adventures (“tours”). Tour activities may include food and wine tastings, visits to farms and dining venues, food preparation demonstrations, classes and other culinary activities. All arrangements made by Taste of Place for you (the “participant”) with a culinary venue, farm or retail outlet (our “suppliers”) are subject to the following terms and conditions. By purchasing a tour ticket through Taste of Place, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Tickets for tours must be purchased in advance and paid in full.
- Tickets can only be purchased via Eventbrite.com with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express. Cash, money orders, personal checks, and travelers checks are not accepted.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space on the tour is being reserved and guaranteed. Refunds or exchanges may be arranged in extreme circumstances such as death, sudden illness or injury or other emergency.
- Prices for tours include items as stated on our Web site.
- Participant tickets are guaranteed once the purchase has been made and the payment has been received by Taste of Place.
- There are inherent risks associated with travel and culinary activities. Taste of Place will take all reasonable measures to ensure that tour activities are organized properly, that supplier venues and services are reputable and safe, and that we and our suppliers carry the business registrations, licenses and insurance that are legally required for the types of services offered. Any disputes or issues regarding participation in a tour, including recovery of any fees already paid to the supplier by Taste of Place or participant, are the responsibility of the participant. As the agent, we will do our best to resolve any issues between the customer and the supplier.
- In consideration of Taste of Place furnishing services that allow the participant to join a culinary tour, the participant understands and agrees that culinary activities and travel have these inherent dangers and risks; that participation in travel and culinary tours may result in injury or illness; and that these dangers and risks may be the result of negligence by participants, our suppliers, or other third parties.
- Taste of Place reserves the right to alter tour activities and venues prior to the tour commencement due to any reason, including insufficient number of participants. Taste of Place will endeavor to make suitable substitutions when available so that the overall tour activities will be as close to the original program as is possible (for example, substituting a different restaurant stop for the original).
- Tours and activities may be cancelled due to severe weather or other serious unforeseen circumstances which may jeopardize the safety or security of tour participants and guides. The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but Taste of Place may cancel the activity up to two hours before the start time in the event of severe weather or unsafe conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket holders will be allowed to reschedule the tour (subject to availability) or receive a full refund, minus online payment processing fees.
- Taste of Place acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide transportation, sightseeing, activities, food preparation and service, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Taste of Place and its respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws or any other cause beyond the control of Taste of Place or a supplier. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Taste of Place is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours / trips arranged by Taste of Place. Participants are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired.
- Culinary activities may include alcoholic beverage service. Participants must be 21 years of age or older to drink alcohol, and legal identification will be required. Participants should indicate when purchasing the ticket if they or members of their party are under age 21 and would prefer an alternative to the alcohol service.
- Taste of Place reserves the right to accept or refuse any person as participant of any tour. For example, some of our supplier venues may not be suitable for people with special physical requirements or with food allergies. Taste of Place will endeavor to describe the tour activities and facilities on its Web site to allow participants to make an informed decision prior to purchase. Any physical or mental condition requiring special attention or provisions must be noted in writing to Taste of Place at the time of booking. While Taste of Place will make reasonable efforts to ensure that a supplier meets special needs required by the participant, we cannot be held liable or responsible for these requirements, for any problems experienced by the participant as a result of these requirements, or for any additional costs to meet these special requirements. If you have questions about whether or not our tours are appropriate for you, please contact us at email@example.com before you purchase a ticket.
- The participant’s ticket receipt will be required to attend the tour. This is the proof of purchase and participants cannot attend the activity without it.
- Please arrive on time for the tour. It is recommended you arrive 10 minutes early. Participants will not be entitled to a refund or rescheduling if they are late and miss the activity.
- These terms are subject to change at the discretion of Taste of Place.
- By agreeing to these Terms, the participant (on his own behalf and on behalf of his heirs, personal representatives, successors and assigns), for and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Taste of Place, L.L.C. culinary tour for which the participant purchased a ticket (the “TOUR”), hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless Taste of Place, L.L.C., its members, managers, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively referred to as, the “RELEASED PARTIES”) from any and all claims and demands, rights and causes of action of any kind whatsoever which he now has or later may have against the RELEASED PARTIES in any way resulting from, arising out of, or in connection with the performances of their duties and his participation in the TOUR.